COVID-19 Preventive Actions
The staff at MidAmerica Orthopaedics is observing the CDC’s recommended preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Our number one priority is the safety of our patients and staff. Measures being taken at all MidAmerica office locations include:
- Disinfecting work surfaces several times a day, as well as chairs in the waiting area and exam rooms, elevator buttons, and door handles
- Making hand sanitizer available as you walk in and throughout the clinics where appropriate.
- Requiring employees to stay home if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
We are asking patients to join us in additional efforts, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before and after eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and sanitize your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands to potentially prevent transmission.
Most importantly, we ask that patients who are experiencing any cough, shortness of breath, fever, or other flu-like symptoms, to please stay home and reschedule their appointments.
You may call our office at 708-237-7200 to cancel or reschedule.
Additionally, please notify our reception staff when you are scheduling an appointment if you have traveled outside of the country in the past two weeks or have potentially been in contact with a person known to have COVID-19.
These precautions are important for the safety of other patients and our staff.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in protecting all our patients and staff.