Hand and Upper Extremity Surgeon
Dr. Gary Kronen has been recognized by “The Leading Physicians of the World” and America's Top Surgeons as one of the Premier Hand Surgeons in the United States. This signifies that he is one of the most distinguished and sought after professionals in the field of Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery.
He has been selected for his experience and for providing the highest quality of medical and surgical care to his patients.
Dr. Kronen's expertise is in not only treating common conditions of the hand and upper extremity such as carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, arthritis, tennis elbow, and tendonitis, but also encompasses the field of trauma and complex hand surgery. Traumatic injuries include fractures, tendon, and nerve injuries and occur in both the work and non-work related environments.
Dr. Kronen is known for for his warmth, understanding, ability to explain complex procedures in understandable terms to his patients, and especially his sense of humor when communicating with patients. He also feels that it is very important for his patients to understand what he expects of them during their treatment whether conservative management or surgery is recommended. Dr. Kronen believes that by working together we will all achieve the best possible outcomes and results.
Meet Dr. Kronen
Board Certification / Education
- Board Certified Surgery of the Hand
- Board Certified Plastic Surgery
- Hand Surgery Fellowship - Baylor College of Medicine
- Microsurgery Fellowship - University of Louisville
- Plastic Surgery Residency - Montefiore Medical Center
- Certified AMA 6th Edition Impairment Rating (CIME)
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Chicago Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Complex Hand Injuries
- Secondary Hand Reconstruction
- Hand Trauma, Hand Injuries
- Hand Fractures
- Work Related Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Soft Tissue Reconstruction
- Tennis Elbow and Golfer's Elbow
- De Quervain's Tendonitis
- Flexor and Extensor Tendon Repair
- Arthritis Reconstruction
Awards & Acknowledgements
Dr. Kronen was an MVP Partnership Award Winner in August 2015 acknowledged by Advocate Christ Medical Center for his dedication to living out Advocate Christ's MVPs and his commitment to safety, quality and service always.
Don't Take Our Word For It - Listen to Our Patients!
Susan Jania, a patient of Dr. Kronen, shares her experience with Dr. Kronen and the exceptional staff at MidAmerica Orthopaedics who show their genuine concern and care for their patients and their recovery.