Chris Chapman, DO
Pediatric Sports Medicine Specialist
"As a pediatrician and sports medicine specialist, I take care to allow the body to heal itself in the least invasive way. Working with a young mostly healthy patient population, I emphasize healthy alternatives to surgery such as therapy and rehabilitation. I am comfortable working with sports related injuries such as strains, sprains and even simple fractures."
I am working on my ninth year in non-surgical orthopedics and sports medicine and have lots of experience caring for many of the great families in the surrounding areas.
Meet Dr. Chapman
"I have 4 children of my own and pride myself on relating with and understanding a family's needs when it comes to injuries and prevention. I look forward to start the healing process in hopes of getting our young patients and athletes back to being active and healthy!"
Dr. Chapman is a sports enthusiast and is currently a Co-Director of a soccer club in the city of Chicago with over 30 travel teams. His children all compete in competitive athletics and he understands the desire to achieve excellence in a safe, healthy way.
Dr. Chapman's friendly, warm demeanor makes it all the more comfortable to have him assist his families return to their healthy active lifestyles.
Board Certification / Education
- Board Certified in Pediatrics (2008)
- Recertified (2015)
- BS from the University of Wisconsin-Madison (1999)
- DO from Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (2004)
- Pediatric Residency at Hope Children's Hospital Oak Lawn Illinois (2004 - 2007)
- Chief Resident at Hope Children's Hospital Oak Lawn Illinois (2007)
- One year Fellowship with Dr. Gourineni - Pediatric and Young Adult Orthopedics (2009 - present)
- Advocate Christ Hope Children's Hospital Oak Lawn
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Academic teaching position at Advocate Christ Children's Hospital educating pediatric and family practice residents
- Sports Injuries
- Back Pain
- Hip Pain
- Nonsurgical Treatment of Pediatric Fractures