Anton J. Fakhouri, MD, FICS, FACS
Hand and Upper Extremity Orthopaedic Specialist
As a hand and upper extremity physician, I am passionate about my area of specialty and the optimal health care of my patients. I enjoy and take pride in educating my students and resident doctors as I enjoy educating my patients. The more you know the more you can take care of yourself and participate in your health care decisions.
Thus, a partnership developed between a doctor and a patient based on mutual respect combined with a caring and skillful orthopedic doctor will lead to a patient's optimal experience. It is a privilege and an honor to treat you and I pledge to give you the best care possible.
Meet Dr. Fakhouri
"Our hands allow us to touch people. And our shoulders and elbows allow us to reach out to the rest of the world. And with that, we can transform the lives of others."
~Anton J. Fakhouri, MD, FICS, FACS
Board Certification / Education
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
- Board Certified in Hand & Microsurgery - UCLA
- Fellowship American College of Surgeons
- Fellow International College of Surgeons
- Loyola University of Chicago, BS
- Rush Medical College, MD
- Wayne State University Orthopaedics Internship
- Wayne State University Orthopaedics Residency
- Certified AMA 6th Edition Impairment Rating
- American Medical Association
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society
- Chicago Medical Society
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Illinois Orthopaedic Society
- Chicago Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Trauma and fractures of upper extremity (hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder)
- Bone and soft tissue reconstruction
- Microsurgical limb reconstruction
- Carpal tunnel release
- Cubital tunnel release
- Arthritis of the hand, wrist and elbow
- Arthroplasty of fingers
- Tennis elbow (elbow tendonitis) and golfers elbow
- Tendon repair
- Tendon transfers
Don't Take Our Word For It - Listen to Our Patients!
Patient Stanton Simmons shares his experience after loosing his hand due to a work related injury.