Adam F. Meisel, MD, FAAOS
Sports Medicine and
Dr. Meisel truly enjoys the art and science of Sports Medicine. He strives to help his patients regain and maintain their active lifestyles—from high level competitive athletes, to the recreational weekend warrior—by offering both operative and non-operative approaches to treatment.
He is active in research and has published multiple peer-reviewed articles and textbook chapters regarding topics such as meniscal tears, ankle cartilage injuries, and transplants. He continues to be active in research related to hip arthroscopy and rotator cuff repairs.
He feels it is important to stay on the cutting edge of medicine in order to provide the best possible care for his patients.
Meet Dr. Meisel
After residency, Dr. Meisel pursued additional subspecialty training in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy at the Southern California Orthopaedic Institute. While at SCOI he was provided with extensive training in comprehensive care of the shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle, as well as treatments involving tendon, ligament, and cartilage repairs. This has allowed him to further develop and refine his skills using the most advanced arthroscopic and minimally invasive techniques to care for his patients.
Board Certification / Education
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S. Molecular and Cellular Biology, Champaign, IL
- University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, M.D., Chicago, IL
- Internship and Residency: Cleveland Clinic Foundation; Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy, Southern California Orthopedic Institute (SCOI), Van Nuys, CA
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Society of Hand Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Comprehensive Shoulder Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Tendon and Ligament Injuries
- Joint Preservation and Cartilage Restoration
Don't Take Our Word For It - Listen to Our Patients!
Jerry Harrison shares about his personal experience with Dr. Meisel and his staff.